The Obsidian Spire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Luunaathh
Luunaathh
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://www.theobsidianspire.org

The Draconic Summit!! Empty The Draconic Summit!!

Fri May 06, 2022 12:56 pm
The Draconic Summit!! 0ea30610
<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
•Greetings! The draconic summit or draconicon is an online event hosted on discord where dragonkin and draconic identifying individuals can come together to share their unique experiences, make new friends, and ask questions they need answered! Featured in this event are panels/presentations hosted by members of the draconic and otherkin communities, an art contest where individuals have the chance to win fabulous crystals and shinies for your hoard, and community movie nights where attendees can watch movies together at the event! Below are some frequently asked questions for the event, if you have any others, feel free to DM my being here or on discord. The event will currently take place October 6th-9th 2022.

The Draconic Summit/Draconicon Frequently Asked Questions
<•>
<•>
•Question-What exactly is The Draconic Summit, and what is its purpose?
•Answer-The Draconic Summit, also called Draconicon, is an online draconic themed gathering held twice a year where dragonkin can come together so they can talk about their experiences and exchange knowledge! Anyone can attend however, no matter if they are draconic or not. The purpose of the event is to bring the dragonkin community together as a whole!
<•>
<•>
•Question-What made you think about holding this event?
•Answer-I have noticed that the draconic community has become silent over the years, and no events exist which can bring dragons specifically together. I would like this event to potentially reignite conversation and knowledge sharing in the draconic community. That purpose is also the driving force behind my planning this gathering.
<•>
<•>
•Question-Can I attend this event if I am not draconic?
•Answer-Of course you can!! This event, while draconic centric, is open to everyone of all walks of life. I would not want to exclude anyone, or prevent anyone from wanting to know about the draconic community. Do not be shy about joining and conversing with other members! We are happy to have you here!
<•>
<•>
•Question-May I advertise something of mine during this event?
•Answer-Attendees will have to apply to be a collaborator prior to the event. Those who are able to receive the collaborator role may advertise their own events, merchandise, commissions, projects, and similar things. I will have announced when the form to be a collaborator will have opened.
<•>
<•>
•Question-What are presentations and panels, and what are they centered around?
•Answer-Because The Draconic Summit is a draconic themed event, almost all panels and presentations will be related to one’s own draconity, draconic experiences, and similar draconic related topics. These panels are small speeches and are meant to give others a platform to share their experiences, and a chance contribute knowledge to the community as a whole!
<•>
<•>
•Question-When will the panels and presentations be shown?
•Answer-Presentations will premier in the late afternoon and into the evening! This is to cater to the timezones and schedules of others. Panels will start Friday afternoon and end Sunday evening. The panel schedule will be announced before the event on the official draconian summit social media pages.
<•>
<•>
•Question-Why is the draconic summit sometimes called draconicon?
•Answer-It’s just an alternate name for the event that gives an idea about what it is, a mix of a gathering and an online convention! It also just sounds cool like necronomicon, lol.
<•>
<•>
•Question-What if I have additional questions, or suggestions for the event?
•Answer-Please DM a staff member if you have any questions or suggestions for The Draconic Summit! It would be preferable if we could keep track of all the suggestions and questions we are receiving to help make The Draconic Summit a better event for everyone!
<•>
<•>
•Question-How do I verify my age to get access to the mature section of the server?
•Answer-Members who want to gain access to the mature section will have to provide a photograph of their face and ID *in the same picture* with the vital information in the ID blacked out. Only your birthday and face on the ID should be visible. If you send a picture of an uncensored ID we will ask you to delete that picture from the DM’s. If you are uncomfortable with this? You don’t get access to the mature area, simple as that. We cannot allow minors into the adult spaces by any means, this is to protect staff and the adult members who attend the gathering. If you know a moderator personally, and they know you well and know you are above 18, this does not apply to you, and you will simply have to request the mature role in one of the moderator’s DM’s.
<•>
•Below are the links to places where you can get more information regarding the summit, and contact moderators if need be! Current moderators for the event are @lunastredraconis , @azaphaer , @who-is-page (created the banner), and @kiera-ember . Contact any one of us if you have any questions or concerns! We look forward to seeing you at the event! ^.=.^
<•>
https://twitter.com/DraconicSummit
<•>
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/the-draconic-summit
<•>
•The Celestial Spire 18+ (non adult themed) draconic discord server
https://discord.gg/FdvKUzGZ5V
Luunaathh
Luunaathh
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://www.theobsidianspire.org

The Draconic Summit!! Empty Re: The Draconic Summit!!

Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:24 pm
*Important notes I neglected to change after a period of time: The new dates for the draconic summit currently are October 28th-31st 2022 (Halloween weekend)! We also have a new off-season server for the summit called the draconic basin! A link to the official event server will be provided in the basin if you don't wish to sign up through the google form, here's the link- https://discord.gg/9YqTUC5Avj !