The Obsidian Spire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
aimlessAstronomer

Feeling a bit lost Empty Feeling a bit lost

Sat May 28, 2022 5:57 pm
I'm not certain whether or not this is the place for this, but I just need a bit of advice.

When I first awakened, I thought it'd get easier over time and it just hasn't. I haven't been very successful in my attempts to connect with the otherkin community; there are a lot of limits due to my current environment, which is to say that if I don't exercise extreme caution someone in my life might find out about this and that isn't an option for me.

So, I've been largely alone. I don't know how to feel less out-of-place. I just keep waiting to go back to something some part of me knows isn't there anymore... Not that I can even remember anything particularly coherent about my past, besides what I looked like.

I'm just tired of being isolated. I'm tired of waiting for it to get easier, and I'm tired of feeling homesick.

What do you do after you awaken? How can I move past this?
Luunaathh
Luunaathh
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://www.theobsidianspire.org

Feeling a bit lost Empty Re: Feeling a bit lost

Sun May 29, 2022 3:56 am
•I’m sorry that you’re feeling isolated and homesick… said emotions are awful to experience. I have heard from many that having a community where they can freely share their experiences and ask for advice has been a great help for them to discover their identity, recover memories, and awaken things they wouldn’t have thought were there. Active forums like this are very few and far between, though there are many discord servers out there where members of the community gather. Perhaps you can try there? I will link the nonhuman spaces directory in this post, which is a master list of otherkin/otherkind websites, forums, discord servers, and similar places that I put together. There are many resources there you can use at your discretion! A fair warning about discord servers however, you will find that some of them are either secretly toxic or very gatekeepy and aggressive in nature. It’s always good to be on your toes in certain spaces.

•Regarding moving past being homesick and missing your old self, I’m not sure there’s ever a way someone can completely dispel their feelings of missing home and their nonhuman bodies. It’s just something natural that all nonhuman/alterhuman individuals experience, considering the situation of being human in general. A lot of times individuals who experience otherkinity find themselves in a rut, or are unable to uncover unknown things about their identity. Even those who have known themselves for the longest time find that there are times in life where it is difficult to really feel like your true self/past self. The river runs dry sometimes. Though like I said, having a community of others who understand you and are willing to listen to your experiences can help with those feelings, as you can have support when you are going through those rough periods of greatly missing what once was. I also find that cherishing the simple things in this human life can be helpful in not focusing on those feelings of homesickness. After all, we have things upon this earth like spaghetti, macarons, pizza rolls, fresh oven baked bread, and even have the ability to get cool things that a paw or a claw won’t be able to touch. There are good things about living a life now, we just have to recognize such when we can.

•I do hope those feelings of loneliness and isolation go away for you soon. We’re here on the forum if you need anything at all! We’re happy to help you in any way we can! ^.=.^

•Nonhuman spaces directory-https://lunastre-draconis.dreamwidth.org/641.html
aimlessAstronomer

Tue May 31, 2022 5:49 pm
Thank you! I really appreciate this.
I've definitely been trying to focus on what good I have here... There's a lot of people I wouldn't trade for anything, and I'm glad for the things that are unique to humans.
I'll check out those resources.
Sponsored content