The Obsidian Spire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Luunaathh
Luunaathh
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://www.theobsidianspire.org

Do you have a unique langauge? Empty Do you have a unique langauge?

Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm
•Being that some of the members here are from worlds unseen by those living on earth, I’m certain they respectively have different ways of communicating and speaking. Do you have a unique language or way of communication upon your home world? Was the language written down at all? How exactly did you communicate with others?....
<•>
•The language I speak is Draaiiithh'aaiiillkkaanniiuunn, which has its own special characters and caters to the guttural growls and other sounds that the dragons upon my home realms naturally make. In my experience, it's a language that's notoriously hard to translate in other languages, and I've certainly gotten a lot of translations wrong over the years. The English/common translations of the Draaiiithh'aaiiillkkaanniiuunn language are a lot of the times very rough translations and don’t accurately portray how exactly the words are said. It’s one of the reasons I take a little bit of a different approach to speaking English. The language is obviously extremely complex (if not impossible) to speak through a human tongue, which is frustrating when I want to curse or speak in Draaiiithh'aaiiillkkaanniiuunn. I’ll give some of the words and translations of Draaiiithh'aaiiillkkaanniiuunn down below to give an example of what I mean! ^.=.^
<•>
*Vaallaakkaa-Queen
*Vuulliiithhkkuunn-King
*Auullthhuunaall-Void
*Luurraathh-Moon
*Luurraathh'eii-Moons
*Aallthhaataall-Sun
*Aallthhaataall'eii-Suns
*Siiithheiillaaviiir-Celestial
*Viiirthhaallaakk-Galaxy
*Veiiithhiirraa-Star
*Veiiithiillaassthh-Stardust
*Aiiithhaaiiill-Sky
*Suuthhuullnn-Clouds
*Vouulluunnmmuuss-Storm
*Voouurrkkaannaass-Thunder
*Viiirraasskkaatth-Lightning
*Vuullkkaanniiisskkaatth-Volcanic
*Iiiitthsskkaall-Embers
*Liiirruuthheiiill-Fire
*Kuutthuuiiirr-Ashes
*Vuullthhuunn-Death
*Eiiirraaiinnaasskk-Wind

Last edited by Luunaathh on Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roarar
Roarar
https://commiss.io/roarardrawsthings

Do you have a unique langauge? Empty Re: Do you have a unique langauge?

Mon May 24, 2021 4:23 pm
Eeehh I kinda do. Dragons in TDP speak Ancient Draconic, which is based on Latin. It doesn't seem very original but I think the show has a symbolic reasoning for using Latin.
Drakmanka
Drakmanka

Sat May 29, 2021 11:37 pm
My species had our own language. It is possible to approximate many of the sounds of the language with the human vocal organs, but not all of them. A lot of the language was hisses and grunts, and guttural growls. There were also very very deep rumbling noises, which cannot be replicated by humans due to how deep they were. It was also partially a sign-language. Spoken words were augmented with body movements. It was much like a human tonal language, in which the tone can change the meaning or context of a word entirely depending on the tone used. Our body language gave the context of the spoken words, and added additional meaning that was lost with just speaking. Head, wings, tail, and all four legs were used in this body language.
We also had a written language. It was comprised of logograms intended to capture the full meaning of phrases and ideas, rather than single words.
I've been trying through meditation to recall what this language sounded like, and what the written logograms looked like. I have been able to write down a few of the words and their meanings, but all my drawings of the logograms are in .png format and I don't want to flood this page with pictures so I'll refrain from adding those:

h̃h̃sehh̃ - literal meaning: a greeting. Time of day could cause it to mean "good morning", "good afternoon", or "good evening/night".
Body language additions examples:
1) "h̃h̃sehh̃. *Relaxed movements directed to other individual*" = "Hello, welcome (possibly even "welcome, friend.")"
2) "h̃h̃sehh̃. *Maternal/paternal expression/body language directed towards other individual*" = "Hello/welcome daughter/son/other terms of familial endearment"

Gúp - literal meaning: a command to stop or desist. Spoken very sharply and gutterally.
Body language: varies depending on relationship of speaker and listener, circumstances of use, and necessary emphasis.

Hmngg'hnn'hk'haa'hchk - literal meaning: a group of dragons; a close group of dragons; a dragon family; family.
Body language: tucking head close to chest and tightly arching neck while producing the deep rumbles of the first syllable, then a quick, dramatic jerk of the head upwards during the hiss with mouth open wide. Wings may be opened to create emphasis when part of a sentence or conversation.
Bheinfahgn
Bheinfahgn

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:30 pm
Yes, I had two languages, the language my species spoke on our home planet, which was just made up of tonal sounds and that I do not remember well, and the language spoken on the planet I moved to. I am still trying to remember it. I have a set of characters I use to write in it that are all letters from languages on earth, it's a "phonetic" language so this makes it easier for me to write it out and remember what makes each sound. The sounds for each letter are consistent with the language I took them from. It's mostly based in cyrillic with a few latin letters with accents and some symbols/marks. I'm still trying to compile a language doc for it, but it's difficult and I have been procrastinating.
Azaphaer
Azaphaer
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://azaphaer.wixsite.com/throughtimeandspace

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:25 pm
This will be in regards to my Cybertronian kintype, or rather Transformers fictionkin.

Perhaps it isn't unique, but I do remember bits and pieces of Neocybex, the modern language of Cybertronians. I've been speaking it since as long as I can remember, long before I realized what it was. My parents used to call it my weird language, since I would randomly go into it and still do. The way I am able to iterate it though, is far below subpar with these vocal cords. To truly speak Neocybex, you would need a modular vocal processor rather than an organic diaphragm.

It is not completely unlike how the Transformers spoke their language in the Micheal Bay films to give an example. That gives the best idea at how near impossible it is to speak it with the variance in tones, pitches, and overall non-animal vocalizations. I guess that's expected when it comes from a bio-mechanical race, rather than organic.

I remember my true name in this language as well, since "Starscream" isn't what I was called on Cyberton. We obviously don't speak English like you may see in the media form. In fact, we don't speak English at all, but transmit a translated frequency into humans so they can understand us, the same with other lifeforms when speaking is needed. However, you can imagine as a decepticon, there's less talking and more action. We never were ones to reason, well at least after we tried for millennia under our oppressors. I digress, my name is one I wish I could speak or hear said. The closest I could ever attempt to get it across is "Aaa-^-AA-v-khh-^^-srrhnnn-v-uhn" The '^' are used indicating raised pitch, and 'v' indicating lower pitch. Theres a lot I can't get across with human speech still. My names does mean "The sound of a star screaming" which is how my English name came about as such.

-Azaphaer, aka Starscream the First
Kohrokho
Kohrokho

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:15 am
I don't believe I have a language of my own, at least, not that I know of. When I started gaining an internal voice in my early childhood, it really scared me.

My mom says I used to make noises she likened to a squirrel when I was really little, but unlike my siblings, she can't seem to remember what my first word was, which I always found kind of odd.

I think I would be fine with not using spoken language nearly as much if I could get away with other forms of communication.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum